This morning I decided to run prior to going to work because I have discovered that I am a much more pleasant person when I have already finished my run for the day. I wanted to run 6-7 miles and still have plenty of time to shower and refuel with breakfast before leaving for work so I woke up at 6:30 and was out the door by 6:50. There’s not much going on at this time of the morning near my house which makes morning runs extremely peaceful and allows a lot of time to think to yourself.
Here are a few things that happened during my 7 mile run at 7 AM:
- There was a dog who had wandered from its yard that greeted me not even half a mile into my run.
- A woman was walking her dog on the trail – we exchanged “good mornings”.
- I saw a toad cross the trail in front of me at mile 3.5
- Same woman told me it was a good idea for me to run so early to avoid the heat.
- I thought to myself “well, it’s still pretty hot out”.
- I couldn’t decide what side of the trail I wanted to run on.
- I thought about how I need to look up plane tickets/expenses for Florida for the winter.
- I thought about how I want to go on endless adventures for the rest of my life.
- I thought about how I’m grateful I have a trail that I can run on without ever worrying about a car.
- I thought about how only 2 people were using the trail at that hour of the morning.
- I thought about the weekend.
- I thought about the summer class that I start on Monday.
- I realized my legs were moving pretty slow but LSD (not the drug, non-runners) is supposed to be slow.
- I ran past my house in order to get 7 miles.
- I finished my 7 miles about 100 yards from my house so I just walked back.
- I really wanted a Gatorade.
And now I want to go back to sleep but it’s almost time to leave for work!